The 5th International Conference on Arts and Humanities 2018 – (ICOAH 2018) was organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka in collaboration with Concordia University, Canada as the Hosting Partner. Faculty of Fine Arts, Ankara University – Turkey and University of the Visual and Performing Arts, Sri Lanka were the Academic Partners of the Conference while Sri Lanka Convention Bureau was the successful strategic partner of the Conference.
The Conference was held on 27th – 28th September 2018 in Colombo, Sri Lanka under the theme “Arts and humanities as visionary practices in a changing world”. ICOAH 2018 was chaired by the renowned key person in the field of Arts and humanities Dr. Eldad Tsabary (Electroacoustic Studies, Music Department, Director, Concordia Laptop Orchestra, Concordia University, and Montreal, Canada).
The opening remarks of ICOAH 2018 were made by Conference Chair Dr. Eldad Tsabary (Electroacoustic Studies, Music Department, Director, Concordia Laptop Orchestra, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada) together with Mr. Isanka P. Gamage (Managing Director, The International Institute of Knowledge Management).
Key note forum was one of the most significant moments during the Conference and it was enlightened by Amanda Bright (Head of the School of Art, University of Brighton, UK).
Special Features of the Conference
Conference Workshop – “Changing Habits”
The workshop on “Changing Habits” conducted by Amanda Bright (Head of the School of Art, University of Brighton, UK) was one of the unique experiences for all conference participants. It was open to everyone interested in exploring the role of the individual in affecting positive change in relation to plastic pollution. This collaborative, hands-on workshop offered an opportunity to discuss ways in which each of us as individuals can contribute to a joint approach to change how we use and dispose of plastic and reduce the impact of waste plastic on our environment.
Conference Workshop – “Sound walk – Reconnecting with Our Sonic Environment “
The workshop on “Sound walk – Reconnecting with Our Sonic Environment” was moderated by the Conference Chair Dr. Eldad Tsabary (Electroacoustic Studies, Music Department, Director, Concordia Laptop Orchestra, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada) was an interactive session for all participants of the conference. The workshop was valuable for all participants to reconfigure the way they listen to the various sounds around them and guided to dismantle sound to its core components, rearrange it, and find new meanings.
ICOAH 2018 provided great platform for researchers, artists, academics, art administrators, policymakers, advocates, media specialists, cultural community activists, and social scientists from across the globe to share their research findings with one another and to discuss their ideas in relation to the field arts and humanities. The conference provided a refreshing experience for all, especially for the young researchers who had the opportunity to share their research findings on an international platform.
ICOAH 2018 comprised 13 technical sessions under below themes.
- Creative Techniques
- Communications, Media and Culture
- Painting and Photography
- Music and Poetry
- Place, Design and Culture
- Performing Arts
- Literature and Culture
- Race and Marginalization
- Higher Arts Education
- Ecology and Sustainability
- History, Art and Culture
- Arts In Society
- Dr. Eldad Tsabary (Concordia University, Canada)
- Amanda Bright (University of Brighton, UK)
- Dr. Amrita Satapathy (Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, India)
- Ms. Sajitha Lakmali (Sri Palee Campus University of Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Mr. Charudaththe Illangasinghe (Visual and Performing Arts University, Sri Lanka)
- Dr. Andre Elias (Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong)
- Dr. Lynn Rose (American Univeristy of Iraq, Iraq)
- Shirin Abbas, Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University, India
- Ricardo Dal Farra, Concordia University, Canada
- prof. Kelly Dennis, University of Connecticut, USA
- Sumantra Sengupta, Shiv Nadar University, India
- prof. Aadya Kaktikar, Shiv Nadar University, India
- Golam Sarwar Chowdhury, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh, Bangladesh
- Josukutty CA, University of Kerala, India
- Prof, Shahid Jamal,Shiv Nadar University, India
- Bushra Beegom R K, University of Kerala, India
- Subhashim Goswami, Shiv Nadar University, India
- Wendy Wischer, University of Utah, USA
- Severine Minot, Habib University, Pakistan
- Hoi-yan Yau, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- António Costa Valente, Escola Superior Artística do Porto, Portugal
- Dr. Ricardo Dal Farra, Canada
- Assoc. prof. Kelly Dennis, USA
- Dr. Margaret Thomas,Stella Maris College, India
All accepted abstracts for the 5th International Conference on Arts and Humanities 2018 will be published in the conference abstract book with an associated ISBN (978-955-3605-10-8). All full papers will be reviewed through a double blind reviewing process and published electronically with an ISSN (2357 – 2744) in the proceedings with a DOI Number (DOI prefix: 10.17501).
We will submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS and Google Scholar.